Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Quirky twinges of regret. Or not.

So, this morning I woke up to a three year old asking for pan-a-cakes. I thought to myself, "did I really leave those crazy quotes on the quirky quote contest web site?" The answer is YES! So then I thought, "Why? Don't you think people are going to think you're crazy/warped/weird?" Probably. Either that, or I will find a kindred spirit who also thinks that those things are hilarious. So either way, I stand by my entries. Those are probably the quirkiest quotes I can think of. I should win if they are judging on quirkiness alone.

Now, if the contest had been for favorite bible verse, or favorite line from a song or motivational quote or something, I wouldn't have chosen those.

I have so many favorite Bible verses that it would be hard to think of only one. Maybe Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and He will direct thy paths."

The song that is going through my head this morning as I wake up is "Who am I that you are mindful of me? How you love me? It's amazing! I am a friend of God. I am a friend of God. I am a friend of God He calls me friend!" Isn't that wonderful!! (I wish I knew how to post song clips and videos on here. I would certainly make that the song for the day since I can't stop singing it in my head. I like to share the joy and make you sing it in your head all day too.)

And maybe my favorite motivational quote is when Yoda said "There is only do or do not. There is no try." Or something very close to that.

So, on that note, the twinge of regret that I feel for posting a quote that contains the phrase "I fart in your general direction." is overshadowed by the fact that it is still hilarious and it is still the quirkiest thing I can think of.

So there.

2 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

I would tell you that a: I am a Friend of God is on one of our favorite songs here in the Laundry Pile. G loves to sing along. B: Your quotes fit the "quirky" category. Definitely. Don't worry about it too overly much. Frankly - it's a great insult (Much like:"May Pieces fall off you!") and quirky quote all in one. c: I'm impressed that you rememebered all of it!!!
So "Huzzah" for you!! We celebrate our quirkiness - and frankly - Yoda is much too wise to be quirky. And quirky is just something we don't have to try to do. :-)

Bleach Free Blessings!!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Oh please, don't be sorry for your quotes. I found you through the contest ( I am a brand new blogger)and thought the Monty Python one was hilarious. I saw Little Miss Sunshine and laughed and laughed at the scene you made reference to. I was laying in bed still giggling about the phrase " I fart in your general direction". LOL Maybe that makes me immature, but we spend SO much time being "adults". I had to come back and read your blog today. I love the song you mentioned. I think I found a kindred spirit. Thank you!