Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Non-Wordless Wednesday

After a particularly difficult day with my 3 year old son, I was tucking him in and he said "Mommy, can we go to the zoo and the beet soon?"

"Yes, we will go very soon, now say your prayers." I answered.

"Well, when we go to the beet, we have to take a bucket and a shovel and some sun scream." He said.

"OK, we'll take all of that. Say your prayers, now." (Trying not to laugh.)

"We have to take all of the puzzle pieces out of the bucket in the playroom, and maybe we can get one of the shovels out of my sand box, and Mommy? Do we have any sun scream? You never know when you are going to get sun screamed."

"Mommy, why are you laughing? What is so funny?"

I know that it won't be as cute or funny reading it, but I guess all of the tension of the day was finally over. And I realized that I would miss him after he went to bed. And that is what being a mommy is all about.

Next topic, I am coming out of the American Idol closet. Yes, I too watch every week.

This is the first year that I have watched, so I don't know anything about any of the other seasons, but last nights show had a pre-teen young lady who was simply overcome with emotion. She was crying like she was at a Beatles concert.

They kept showing her during Sanjaya's perfomance and she was literally sobbing. I thought if he doesn't go out into the audience and give her a hug, I am going to scream!

Really, I thought she just liked Sanjaya, but they showed her during Blake's performance and she was still going. At the end of the show, they called her up to the stage to hug all of the contestants, where she continued to sob some more.

If you watched the show, did you notice that at the very end, when the credits roll, the camera man got a shot of another little girl who was in the audience? She was crying then, too.

Could you read her mind? I could. She was thinking, "How unfair! I actually sat through the show without shedding any tears, enjoying it and behaving myself the whole time and they call that blubbering baby up there on the stage and here I am. It's soooo unfayayayerrr!!!

At least, that's what I would have been thinking. I thought that was sort of hilarious.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it did come out as funny in writing. And I loved what you said about realizing you would miss him when you went to bed.

Susanne said...

It was just as funny reading it! How adorable!

I love AI too. If you'd like to read something really funny to do with AI head over here to my friend Melanie's and have a good giggle:

http://this-aint-new-york.blogspot.com/2007/03/if-my-blog-was-on-american-idol.html

TaunaLen said...

This is adorable. I followed the link on your SRT'07 post, to the Read the Bible in 90 Days plan and their blog. I am seriously thinking about giving it a go. Thanks for the recommendation!

~TaunaLen