Monday, April 2, 2007

Family Easter Week Activities

As a Christian, this is a very important week, as it is called Holy Week in most Christian denominations. Even though I grew up in church, I don't remember any events or activities for this week as a child. I only remember knowing that it was Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday. I am establishing different traditions with my children and have been trying to incorporate daily scripture and lessons into our routines and story times.

One of my internet resources is Christianity Today. You can find an entire week's worth of family activities to do here.

We actually started talking about Palm Sunday last week when our Bible verse at AWANA was "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" Of course, yesterday at Sunday School, they reinforced the lesson. Hopefully, some seeds are being planted. We shall see.

As for the "Easter Bunny", I haven't really decided what to do about that. I am not a big fan of Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny or things like that. We did do the Easter Egg hunt at church, but really only because I thought it would be a fun day for all (which it was). Where did the Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs come from anyway?

Any ideas/thoughts/opinions?

No comments: