Sunday, April 22, 2007

One week later

Now, I don't live in a box without TV or news, but I find that when tragic events occur, as often do, that I do better not to watch all of the news about it. For instance, I heard about what happened at VA Tech and saw that the gunman sent a package to the media and all of that, but I didn't leave the news on constantly. I didn't want to dwell on that. It does something to me.

However, I think that for most of us, it brings up important questions. And it should. I found a post at Everyday Mommy that stirred up my fears and concerns and pretty much said what I wish I could say if I could say it so eloquently.

What bothers me is that some people (even Christians) choose to believe things that are not scripturally based. I know that when things like this happen, I have a special bookmark to a page written by Dr. David Reid. You can go to Devotions for Growing Christians to read about the ever looming questions that surround these tragedies from a biblically based standpoint.

Go now. I'll wait for you to read it and come back and comment.

See you then.

No comments: