Sunday, April 22, 2007

Movie Review: The Lake House

The Lake House (Widescreen Edition)

I know this isn't the most recently released movie, but I just noticed that it has been on HBO and I TiVo'ed it. My husband and I watched it last night.


I give it 4/5 stars. I really enjoyed the movie. You just don't get better chemistry than Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. I even enjoyed them in Speed. I wonder what it's like to work with an actor years later in such a different role. But, I digress.


I think this movie might fall into the category of "Chick Flick", but my husband didn't mind watching. It is a love story between two people that takes place between them 2 years apart, but simultaneously. (Does that make sense?) The movie is a bit confusing at first and sometimes during the movie, but I felt that the story was, while far reaching, believable. I also felt like there was much left out that I wanted to know. Of course, this would have made the movie about 4 hours long, and nobody wants to know that much detail about anything.


Anyway, I recommend it if you haven't seen it. If you have seen it, I'd like to know your opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, my daughter and I didn't really like this flick. We thought it too confusing, too unbelievable, and too many oopsies.
Glad you and the hubby enjoyed it though!

kardel said...

I guess I'm a sucker for romance and happy endings. I just thought it was good wholesome entertainment. Different opinions are what make the world go round, right?