Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sick again?!?

Yesterday, I noticed that my son, (who I think I will start calling Bubba as a pseudonym) was not eating his lunch. He still wanted a cookie for dessert, but no amount of bribery was going to work for eating lunch. Since I wouldn't let him have a cookie until he finished his lunch, he came to me and cried, "YOU HURT MY FEELINGS!!!" and got the most pitiful frowny face I have ever seen, complete with the eyes shut tight and tears and everything. Of course, I felt like a big mean ogre, so to make myself feel better, I hugged him and picked him up. I noticed immediately that I began sweating. My poor baby had a fever of 101.6 under his arm. I know he felt crummy. Funny, I think he told me earlier that he was sick. I thought he was pretending.

I was just thinking the other day that I can actually have a conversation with him. When did that start? He was just a tiny baby only a minute ago. I can't believe how fast time has flown by since I had him. Or maybe, now I have a measure for time that I didn't before.

Today, he seems to be back to normal. No fever or any problems. We are staying home from church today anyway. I have a 24 hour rule.

No comments: