Thursday, February 15, 2007

I admit it

OK, I'll admit that I am not a very good housekeeper. I really hate to clean the house. Not to mention that I am somewhat lazy, despite my attemts to emulate The Fly Lady who seems to be relentless in her pursuit of keeping hers and all of our houses shiny and spotless. Somehow I just cant make myself clean until I look at something and say, "Yep, this needs to be cleaned." I like to see results. While I really like her system of cleaning in order to never see dirt/dust again, I really just never could get into "swishing and swiping" the bathroom EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Anyway, this morning, while my dear husband was dressing for work, I was trying to catch just a few more minutes of sleep before starting my day. My 3 year old came in and ever so sweetly in his cute little good morning voice asked if he could use our bathroom. "Sure, buddy, go ahead.", my husband said.

I heard the light go on and the seat lift. "Daddy?"

"What, buddy?"

"Can you believe the mess in here?"

"No, I can't believe the mess in there."

I turn over and glare at my husband, all the while trying to remember what is so messy in there, as it really hasn't been all that long since I cleaned.

After a few moments of silence, my sweet husband says to me in his most innocent voice, "Can YOU believe the mess in there?"

Sometimes silence is enough, don't you think?

I guess I know what's on my agenda for today whether it looks dirty or not.

No comments: