Sunday, March 9, 2008

Let's Get This Party Started!

Ultimate Blog Party 2008
Click the banner to go to the 5 Minutes For Mom website where the party is going strong!

OK, so I'm like 2 or 3 days late. But I couldn't help it. Friday, when the party officially began, I had to work 12 hours and yesterday I couldn't get into Blogger to post when my kids were occupied doing other things, so I know that you will all forgive me for being just a little more than "fashionably" late to this wonderful bloggy partay.

Let me introduce myself. I am an almost 40 year old mother of a 2 year old and a 4 year old, who will be 3 and 5 within a matter of weeks. I am the wife of a "younger man" He is 35 and doesn't mind calling me "the old lady" since I am older than he is. His friends wonder how he gets away with calling me that, but they don't know that he seldom, if ever, calls me that when I am present.

I am a nurse, but only work part time. It's all I can handle and at the same time, I couldn't handle not working. It's a nice break. I blog about my kids, I post funny videos sometimes, I talk about my futile attempts at losing weight and exercising, and many other random topics. You never know what is coming next.

I participated in the UBP 2007 and found some really great blogs. I hope that I will be one that you come back to during the next year, so come on into the blog. Look around. Make yourself at home. Comment if you'd like. I would call myself a random and sporadic blogger, but I like to think that I will post more often. Maybe. I hope.

Anyway, if you check back very soon, I will be doing a "100 Things About Me" post when it is my 100th post, which is coming in just a few more posts, so stay tuned. I hope to get it in during the festivities of this Ultimate Blog Party '08.

Enjoy!

17 comments:

DeeBee said...

Welcome to the party. I'm having a great time and hope that you do too. It's nice to meet you.

Casey said...

nice to meet you, my hubby is only 2 years younger than me and he calls me an old lady too.

Sanna said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I like yours a lot!

Happy partying!

Unknown said...

Hi kardel! Welcome to the party! :)

Stacy said...

I like your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine. I'd love to know how the pay per post things work.

Anonymous said...

i think i am a random sporadic blogger as well. I find it hard to blog on a regular basis!

thanks for dropping by my blog!

KarenW said...

Welcome to the party!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

It's so nice to meet you! Welcome to the Bloggy Party! Come on by Mel's World when you get some time, I'd love to have you over!

Take Care,
Melissa

Lisa said...

Happy Blog Hopping! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your video for WW was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Love it. Happy Party . . . hop over to mine! Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Great to meet you!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
I just had a ball playing and replaying that Pie Face video.
This is my first blog party and I'm loving it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Party!
So nice to meet you!

Nadine said...

Nice to meet you. I too did the party last year and made some permanent friends. It's a good place to meet some great ladies.

Hope you have fun at all the parties. Please feel free to stop by.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Happy partying! Thanks for stopping by. I love 100 Things lists. Which reminds me, I ought to update mine.

Judy said...

Happy Party! I'm glad you came by my party and I'm very glad to meet you. I'll definitely be coming back to see you. After all, we're neighbors (I'm in south Georgia) :-)

Congratulations on your 100th post coming up! I'm looking forward to getting to know 100 things about you.

Anonymous said...

Parenting definitely involves unlimited escapades! Cute blog! Hope you'll swing by my party as well!

Unknown said...

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!