Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Have A Question!

There must be a party going on somewhere. I can't seem to get anything done because I can't quit looking at all of the wonderful party posts of the over 1100 partiers. Amazing the turnout those girls at 5 minutes for Mom get at these bloggy festivities.

I figure that I had better start posting this week if I am going to post my 100 things about me during the UBP '08. I am not completely sure I know 100 things about myself to begin with, but here's hoping.

The weather here is very comfortable with temps in the upper 60's, so I threw my kids out into the back yard. I hope they run and run and run and then run some more. We could go to the playground down the street, but they seem to be enjoying the back yard just as well. If anyone is still there from the blog party, I have a question. I was wondering if any of you have/had play sets for your kids and if you have any recommendations for those. We went to Lowe's and Home Depot and looked at what they have and we got a mailer from Toys R Us and looked at what they offer. They all look pretty much the same to me. Is one better/cheaper/more fun/more durable than the others?

I hope to get some good answers to this in the comments. My kids are 2 and 4 and we would like to pick the best one that will grow up with them and that we will enjoy for years to come.

4 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

at 2 & 4 -- I'd get them something small and cheap.

Then when they're older look at the wooden ones that you can build and modify yourself. Then you can adjust accordingly.

The reason I say wait -- our two year old is out there crawling up the ladder (we had to modify it by adding more rungs - the space between the other rungs was too big.)

Now - if you don't mind the 2 year old climbing up - then go for a bigger set...don't do the metal swing sets. They get too hot in the summer.

The wooden ones can be modified to your hearts content and can grow with the kids. :-) we just added another swing because our baby swing was broken.

I hope this is making sense - because I'm not feeling well. :-)

Judy said...

I'm way past the little kids stage, but I would go with the wooden swing sets as well. There are a lot of plans out there that you can just buy the lumber and put together (made a lot out of 2x4s). That way you can change it as you need to or as the kids grow. And... if you have the room, a "tree house" can also be added and that the kids can enjoy even up as old as teenagers. :-)

Amy Bennett said...

My girls are 3 and 5 now but we bought the set when they were 3 and 5 months. We got the kit at Home Depot where you buy your own wood and then you just buy the brackets and put it together yourself. We got 2 swings and a baby swing and then the big green wavy slide. My husband built a pretty big platform for it and the swings are attached. My girls have absolutely loved it and I'm actually really glad we don't have one of those metal/plastic ones. I feel like they are much safer on the big wooden platform (it's big enough where they sit and play with dolls and books sometimes) than if it were a metal one. I can send you some pictures if that would help.

Anonymous said...

it took me months to finish my 99 things about me post! good luck!