Monday, November 30, 2009

One of the seven technological wonders that is facebook

For all one of my loyal readers... wondering why I haven't been blogging in the last year or so? Apparently all of my hours of blogging time has been hijacked by facebook. I really don't know what the appeal is to most people, but for me it is the best way to be nosy without actually morphing into Gladys Kravitz.

Not only that, but I get to play fun games like Farmville where I can while away several minutes of my precious time farming things like raspberries, which harvest in a mere two hours and pattypan squash, which I have never even heard of. Not to EAT this bountiful harvest, mind you, but just for animated computerific fun. Really, my goal is to overtake the level of my niece who hooked me on this time consuming nonsensical game, just to show her who's Farmville Boss.

And speaking of "Boss", I am quite the Mafia Queen. I am only 45 more blackmail photos and untold amounts of "energy" away from becoming a (not quite) actual Mafia Boss. Woo Hoo!

Yesterday, we were telling my 6 year old son that we didn't even have computers when we were his age and he said, "You must not have had any fun then." We neglected telling him about the fun that was Atari, because really that didn't come out until I was much older than he is and because I had the knockoff Sega version. We had one game that I remember. It was a car racing game that was black and white. You played it as if you were controlling the car from the perspective of the Goodyear blimp. I was the champion of that game because I figured out the pattern. My mother was so proud.

I am wondering what I ever did before facebook and computers? Was my house cleaner? Um, no. Was I reading books more? No, because I have read more books this year since school started than I have read since I was enrolled in school full time. More on that in a later blog post. I can imagine that you are sitting on the edge of you seat, so I will end this post there. Just wanted to let you know why I fell off of the blogging wagon, and it is all because of facebook.

No comments: