1. I will be 40 this year. (yikes!)
2. My name is not "kardel".
3. I don't know why I decided to use that name and not my real name.
4. Maybe it is because I am afraid of the internet boogy man.
5. I wish I knew more about blogging and the internet.
6. I think of a lot of things to blog about, but forget them when I sit down to write.
7. My husband is 35 and our children are going to turn 3 and 5 this year.
8. I discovered this when I was looking at buying birthday candles for him and I realized that we could re-use them for the kids' birthday.
9. This post is late. It is actually my 105th post.
10. I am never on time.
11. People think I am funny when I am trying to be serious.
12. I spend most of my online time reading blogs.
13. I have read a bunch of these 100 things posts.
14. I never realized how hard they are to write.
15. I am half Norwegian and half Southern. I am a Norwegian Southerner.
16. I like grits and sweet tea.
17. I was born in Georgia.
18. I went to college in Mississippi.
19. I moved from Mississippi to South Carolina.
20. I swore that I would never go back to my hometown.
21. I don’t live in my hometown.
22. I work there. (Does that count as going back?)
23. I was married to the wrong guy for 8 years.
24. We didn’t have any children.
25. He had an affair.
26. Four months after we were divorced, I married his best friend.
27. They aren’t very close anymore, but they still work together.
28. We went on our honeymoon to Holland. (The Netherlands)
29. We were supposed to come back from Holland on September 12, 2001.
30. Then September 11 happened.
31. We got 5 extra days vacation after that.
32. I thought we were going to have to learn Dutch and get jobs.
33. But we didn’t.
34. Two years later, we had our son.
35. He looks and acts a lot like his father
36. Two years after that, we had our daughter.
37. She acts a lot like me.
38. I was 34 and 36 when I had my children.
39. I feel like the oldest parent of preschoolers when around other children's parents.
40. My mother was 36 when she had me.
41. My mother worked full time when I was growing up.
42. I planned to go back to work full time after I had my son.
43. When my son turned 3 weeks old I cried, because he was “growing up”.
44. I decided that day that I wouldn’t let him go to daycare.
45. Now I work part time.
46. I have been a registered nurse for 17 years.
47. That seems impossible.
48. I went to nursing school after my junior year in college because I didn’t know what else to do.
49. I never wanted to be a nurse growing up.
50. No one in my immediate family is in the medical field, except my husband.
51. My husband is a paramedic.
52. I always joke that I wanted to marry a doctor, so I married a ditch doctor.
54. I worked in the Emergency Room for 8 years.
55. Now I work in Outpatient Surgery.
56. I like my job, but I miss the ER.
57. I have thought about going back.
58. Then I remember why I left.
59. This post is harder than it seems.
60. I have three older sisters.
61. No brothers.
62. I only talk to one of my sisters on a regular basis.
63. She is 12 years older than me.
64. We are nothing alike.
65. My best friend has been my best friend for 27 years.
66. That makes me feel old.
67. She lives in Connecticut.
68. I haven’t seen her in a few years, but I have rarely gone a month without talking to her.
69. Usually we talk at least once a week.
70. She remembers things that happened to me even if she wasn’t there and I remember things that happened to her even if I wasn’t there. We can complete each other’s memories.
71. We never talk about religion, politics or how to raise children, because we are polar opposites in those areas.
72. I like to watch boxing.
73. My favorite boxer is Ricky Hatton. He’s awesome.
74. I am deathly afraid of roaches.
75. It is because I had to look at their legs under a microscope in high school biology.
76. That is very gross, in case you were wondering.
77. I am afraid of heights.
78. I always wonder what would happen if I fell.
79. Ever since I had my children, I don’t want to watch movies, unless they are a comedy.
80. I am afraid of hail.
81. When I was in college, a hail storm broke all of the windows in my apartment.
82. While I was there.
83. I was terrified.
84. Summer is my favorite season.
85. I love to swim.
86. I was saved by the grace of God and the love of Jesus when I was 9 years old.
87. I thank God for that.
88. I did my first Beth Moore Bible study last fall.
89. It was about the Tabernacle.
90. I didn’t think I would like it and I didn’t. I LOVED IT.
91. I cried doing that study.
92. I cry at happy things.
93. I cry almost every week at church.
94. I like to read.
95. I would rather read a paperback than a hardback book.
96. I like fiction best, but also enjoy memoirs.
97. I am a disorganized person, but I wish I wasn't.
98. I like to keep everything.
99. This was really much harder than it seems.
100. I'm glad I'm finished.