Friday, December 21, 2007

The Goose is Getting Fat

Remember that song, "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, please to put a penny in the old man's hat"? Well, the code for

youbetterhurryupandfinishshoppingandwrappingforChristmas

is "The Goose is Getting Fat". The kids don't know what it means and it makes me laugh. If I didn't laugh, I would cry.

I have done very little to no shopping and I haven't wrapped a single thing. I have never waited until the very last minute before and it is making me just a little bit crazy. But you see, I can't go when the kids are with me because they want one of everything and I can't buy them gifts when they are with me, so I have to wait until I can either find a sitter or my husband is home, which will be tomorrow and that is the Saturday before Christmas on Tuesday. (Can you sense my desperation?) Which I would imagine will be a hair raising experience.

So, wish me luck. Hopefully there will be many sales and much peace and goodwill toward men. and me.

No comments: