Friday, June 15, 2007

A Tribute

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. Psalm 116:15

I learned this morning that Ruth Bell Graham went home to be with the LORD yesterday. This is a sad occasion for those who are left here a little longer without her. Her husband, the great Rev. Billy Graham released a beautiful statement following her death. Part of the statement said, "Ruth was my life partner, and we were called by God as a team. No one else could have borne the load that she carried. She was a vital and integral part of our ministry, and my work throught the years would have been impossible without her encouragement and support... I will miss her terribly, and look forward even more to the day I can join her in Heaven."

Isn't that a beautiful tribute from a husband? He really appreciated what she was for him and understood that they had a calling together. God did not just call him, but him with her by his side.

I can only pray that my own husband and I can be such a TEAM called to do our job from God, even if that job is only within our own home with our own children and not with the world, as the Grahams have done.

Go to this blog post on 5 minutes for mom for another beautiful tribute to this godly lady.

No comments: