Monday, November 12, 2007

Blogging issues

I think blogging is difficult. Difficult because most of the time I feel like I am writing to myself. I usually have lots of ideas to blog about, but it is usually hard to decide what is appropriate for my blog audience of, hmmm, well whoever might stumble upon my blog and ComfyDenim of Notes from the Laundry Pile.

In my "real life", I have seldom come across with a good first impression and a few people who I have become close to have confirmed that they really didn't like me when they first met me. I really wonder if that is why I don't feel comfortable even in the relative anonymity of blogging.

I am even hesitant to write comments on other blogs. I think it comes from feeling intimidated by the "popular" girls and their groups of friends and/or groupies.

I am nearly 40 years old (!) and am still struggling with adolescent issues like "cliques" and who is more popular than whom and whether I would be accepted in their circles. What is wrong with that picture? Does everybody struggle with acceptance or do I have some repressed (or even not repressed) memories that keep me from my true potential of having more abundant relationships with others?

Any amateur psychiatrists want to chime in on this one?

4 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

I'm not an amatuer anything...but my thought would be -- what if you just made your blog what YOU wanted? And not what you thought others would want to see??

I have to admit, I LOVE comments - but really, when I write - I'm writing for me.

Write out your ideas and see what happens. Even if it's just you practicing your writing - it could just be an outlet for you. I have read on places like "MommaBlogga" and another one I can't remember - that the best way to get people to visit your blog is to leave comments - if it's just a "good thought" or "Great post" kind of thing.

I have found that I have a few favorite blogs that I really like to read. I may not be very fast at it - but I may also not go beyond that list on my bloglines. ;-)

Don't give up. The only way to figure it out is to try. Just keep it fun. Keep it yours.

Amelia Antwiler said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Amelia Antwiler said...

Checkin' in on ya.
Merry Christmas!!!

Prue said...

Just came across your blog randomly. I blog about what I want to blog about. I don't feel the need to come up with ridiculously intellectual pieces, but just write about things that are bothering me, things the kids say or whatever. Your blog can be whatever you want it to be. Happy Christmas!